BarnArts 9th Annual Masquerade Jazz and Funk Winter Music Carnival will be a ZOOM event!
Saturday March 6th, 2021!
6-9pm on Zoom
DJ Sean will be spinning the tunes, keeping with the New Orleans-style fun and funk we love!
Tickets: $5-20 sliding-scale
6pm Jazz Hour
New work by Sultans of Saul, and new performance video from Artistrio. Recordings of Michael Zsoldos and Jason Ennis from 2019 and WUHS JazzFunk Ensemble from 2017. Slideshow of photos from previous years, plus MASK prancing – we want to see your 2021 masks!
7-9pm Funk Dance Party
Get your boogie on in your living room while listening to DJ Sean’s spins and watching and interacting with other Zoom-ers. Recordings from previous years will be mixed in, including the Wanda Houston Band and WUHS Jazz Funk Band, plus new video work by some of our recent headliners, including Kotoko Brass!
Mask Making and Mask Contest
Dress up! Decorate your dance space with festive lights! Get creative and make a new mask for yourself at home this year! Come up with your own materials and fabulous mask, or grab one of our free mask kits to do at home, available at the Barnard General Store (starting 2/26)! Prance your mask on Zoom, vote for your favorites in the Zoom chat!
New Orleans-inspired Take-Out!
Support Area Restaurants and Bars as they join us in spreading the fun with take-out specials to match our New Orleans party:
- Barnard Inn (Hush Puppies, Cajun Gumbo, and Masquerade Cocktails to-go) *Order by Thursday
- Worthy Kitchen (Crawfish Monique, Scallop & Chicken Etoufee & Cajun Stuffed Blue Crabs)
- Daily Catch (PoBoy Oysters on Biscuit, Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Skewers, fresh Beignets)
- Babes Bar (Specialty Cocktails for Two)
- First Branch Coffee (Chicory Coffee cold brew, bread pudding, and a full pastry case) Call or use app to pre-order.
- Barnard General Store (Jambalaya and Muffuletta Sandwiches)
- Worthy Burger (Cajun Fried Chicken Sandwich, fresh Beignets starting at noon)
Full Menu info/links coming soon!
About our DJ: My name is Sean. I’m the DJ for Livemixkings entertainment. Originally from New York, I’ve lived in the Upper Valley for 7 years and have been playing music for over 15 years. I’ve done events of all kinds, for different types of people, of all ages. I work with the community and specialize in providing fun spaces for individuals to dance and create memories – even over Zoom!
Some of our favorite photos from the first 8 years!
(See more in the ZOOM!)
Come for the music, stay for the fun!
Costumes Welcome – Masks Encouraged – Fun Required!