Thank you for your interest in working with BarnArts!
Position: Administrative Assistant, part-time
Location: Primarily work independently from home, but do need to be located near Barnard, Vermont and attend weekly meetings and some BarnArts events.
Job Dates: Year-round, beginning May 17
Hours: 10hrs week/average. This is a .25 job, with room to grow.
BarnArts Center for the Arts is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant to work directly with our Executive Director in managing BarnArts. Join our team and gain valuable experience working for a small nonprofit arts organization in a rural community!
BarnArts part-time Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Executive Director to organize and promote BarnArts as well as work to expand the organization through continued outreach and fundraising. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and coordinates with teams across the organization to support programming and events.
- Manage communication, ticketing, promotion, and media related to events & fundraising.
- Support and expand BarnArts online presence
- Support a yearly fundraising schedule, through detailed record keeping, planning and exploring of fundraising opportunities. Will expand into grant writing as skills/experience allow.
- Directly seek sponsors and advertisers for events and implement end-of-year Fundraising Drive.
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Self-motivated and independent with effective organization and communications skills
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to support multiple projects on deadline.
- Friendly, outgoing professional demeanor combined with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiar with social media platforms.
- Aptitude for website content management and databases.
- Clerical and computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- A commitment to community and arts.
BarnArts offers a competitive rate and a fun working environment. BarnArts Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: .25 part-time, year-round.
Pay: $15-17 per hour or equivalent salary with paid time off.
Work Location: primarily work from home, occasional driving to distribute materials or make contacts
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Remote interview process available
How to apply: Send resume by May 7th to Executive Director Linda Treash through BarnArts. See attachment for email info.