Thank you for your interest in working with BarnArts!
2022 Theater Jobs
Stage Manager – all productions
A stage manager is responsible for the overall organization of a theatrical production. The job requires keeping actors and technicians on task, managing meetings and rehearsals, and remaining calm and level-headed throughout the process.
Required Experience: Experience is appreciated but not required. We have had great success with new Stage Managers who enjoy organizing and love theater.
- Working with the director on organization and scheduling of rehearsals.
- Communicating with the cast and production team.
- Keeping an up-to-date production calendar
- Take notes for the director, actors & technicians, including movements across the stage, script changes and light, sound and scenery needs.
- Compiles a master script that includes all of these details and updates it with every meeting and rehearsal.
Assistant Stage Manager/Summer Intern
For BarnArts Summer Youth Theater Camp, July 18-Aug 7, 2022
Required Experience: Experience working with kids and experience with the theater is a plus, although not mandatory. Good people skills and a love of having fun with kids are most important!
- Lead supervision of kids and planning of down-time activities.
- Support production team as needed
- Help keep camp clean and organized
- other scenes are being rehearsed
Back Stage/Costume/Tech Helpers
Assist Director and Designers and help prepare everything before the production, including costumes, props, scenery, lighting and sound. Work with Stage Manager or Designers during the performances.
Required Experience: Experience is appreciated but not required. We have had great success with anyone who loves theater and wants to be part of our community!
Directors, Choreographers, Costume & Tech Designers
BarnArts welcomes all experienced Directors, Choreographers, Costume Designers, Lighting Designers & Tech Designers to make contact and talk to our Executive Director about opportunities in 2022.
Contact us for more info on any of these positions.
BarnArts is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are actively working to create an inclusive environment for all employees and participants in our programs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age.