Thank you for your interest in working with BarnArts!
SUMMER THEATER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY!
Job Title: Summer Production/Stage Management Intern
Location: Barnard, Vermont
Job Dates: Early/mid May 2021 – August 11, 2021
Hours: 15-40+ hours/week for 11-13 weeks. Approximately 350 hours for the summer.
BarnArts Center for the Arts is looking for a local student to be our PRODUCTION/STAGE MANAGER INTERN. We are planning two summer productions and we want YOUR help! Work hours include attending meetings, rehearsals & performances as well as planning time. Join our team and gain valuable experience working for a small nonprofit arts organization in a rural community! Be part of our production team!
- Keep an up-to-date production calendar, communicating schedule changes to cast & staff.
- Take notes for the director and production team, including movements across the stage, script changes and light, sound and scenery needs.
- Compile a master script that includes all details and update it at every meeting and rehearsal.
- Set up, maintain, and clean rehearsal and performance spaces
- Lead strike after productions
- Midsummer Night’s Dream rehearsals will be two nights a week (approximately 6:00pm – 9:00pm) and Sunday afternoons through mid-June, then hours increase up to the performances (6-7 performances June 25-July 4th). In addition to attending rehearsals, our intern will be expected to do communication and organizational work in partnership with the director, 2-4 hrs a week.
- Summer Youth Theater planning work will take place July 5-July 17, 8-10/hrs week.
- Summer Youth Theater camp hours are M-F 9:00am – 3:00 or 4:00pm, July 19-Aug 8 (including production weekend). Our intern will be expected to attend camp full time and be present for performances. Additional planning and communication work will be 5-8 hrs/week. Wrap up time goes through Aug 11, last day of internship.
Qualities We Look For:
- Extremely organized and able to find information quickly.
- Legible handwriting is a must, as the master script must be easy to read by another person should the stage manager fall ill and require a replacement.
- Ability to work with a variety of personality types and remain even-tempered.
- Anticipate the needs of the production and the director and carry out tasks without being asked.
- Ability to work well with kids ages 7-18.
- Willingness to be flexible during camp to meet the needs of the director. May include supervising or leading kids in theatre-based activities.
Covid-19 Precautions: We will follow all COVID-19 guidelines for safety. Midsummer Night’s Dream will be rehearsed and performed outdoors, and may begin on Zoom if needed. We have indoor and outdoor options available for our Summer Youth Theater. All production staff will be required to have a negative Covid test before participating, if they have not been vaccinated by then. Barnard, Vermont is a very low-risk area.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2021 by 11:59 pm.